Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Congradulations to Me!

Yey Me! Today I finished my first graduate class. We ended with an online class. Each of us had to take turns leading the discussion. We had to pick the topic and questions for or peers to answer. Strangely it was the most nerve racking of all assignments. It’s one thing to present your opinions or discussions in class but online it’s a whole other story. It’s hard to gauge what people are thinking and the sense in which they say things. It went well though because I had a perfect score!! Plus I ended with my average being perfect!! Crazy huh? Now I know it’s the intro course and that I am pretty tech savvy but Al is like we should celebrate. And he’s right, it is a big deal. I am back in school and I am starting off on the right foot. I know it will get harder but the exciting thing is that I am learning a lot!

Okay on another note, I was a huge b** to V yesterday! Gosh I guess that’s not so nice on Easter of all days. So remember we went to his family’s celebration…well we follow him to his parents to pick them up. He then hands Al a walkie talkie. I’m like what? Why would he need this if were going to a park in Pasadena? Well it turns out we were going to the other side of his family, who live in Fillmore. Way out in the middle of nowhere!!!! Because we thought it was close we had made plans for dinner with a friend so we could leave V’s party early. So much for that! Okay, and I don’t mean to offend all of my safe driving friends, but he was going 59, 60, 65, the whole way. Occasionally he would hit 70. It took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get there! You do know that I have a crazy baby who hates the car, yes? 20 minutes of screaming until he slept! On the way back it was pretty much off and on, mostly on. Anyway back to the walkie talkies. Seems V had bought new ones, an off brand probably a steal. Well thank goodness for that cause the whole way he would point out dumb little things but all we could hear was static. I was in such a pissy mood that I would just think of insults that I could hurl at him that would be short enough for when Al would respond. I managed “duh” “who cares” “cheap” and lastly and worst “idiot”. Poor guy. I think I just have had enough. It’s too much. For reals guys you know that one of the main reasons we came out here was to get away from family and we have told them on numerous occasions hoping they will get the hint. Now I fear I am worse off than before because at least in Houston we would get to rotate between the annoying families but now we just have the same ones over and over and over and over. All right enough whining!

I think it worked though cause we haven’t heard from them in a whole 24 hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have played Daniel crying on the walkie talkie the whole time. Maybe a taste of his own medicine would have worked on him.